As everyone is aware, manual testing is a cycle of finding bugs in a web application which is finished by a group of testers who always have an eye for advancement. One of the significant functions of a manual tester is to execute a set of experiments to make sense of the number of bugs inside a web system and the causes for them to arise. After that, developers concoct efficient solutions to make the product exceedingly viable. Manually testing a web application has been a conventional method of discovering bugs and mistakes in an application.
Web application testing checklist for manual testing:
General Validation – This approval technique considers the general engineering of a given web application. Scarcely any convergence can be recorded as follows:
- Confirm whether the navigation toolbar is working with the assistance of the ‘Tab’ button.
- When you land on a webpage, the cursor must flicker on the login field, which indicates the client that their site is functional.
- The fields or menu features that are disabled must not be interactive or in a functional condition.
- The textual styles utilized by a developer in a site must be uniform overall programs.
- Scrollbars, either vertical or horizontal, must not be apparent except when necessarily required.
- There should be an appropriate alignment of controls in the window.
- For example, each control, status bar, field prompt, error texts, or pop up messages must cling to correct spelling.
- The cursor should be set in the content field at all times on a website page.
- The controls should likewise follow naming displays.
- Verify from various security viewpoints like what occurs in the event that a client revives or taps on the back button while payment procedure is in process.
- The size of buttons, menus, and text fields must be of a proper estimation and should line up with different control features according to the page’s length and width.
- Check if there is any wrecked connection inside the application.
- Does a text field follow run limitations, that is, if a password field is customized not to acknowledge characters more than 10, at that point it must show a proper message under error information.
- When another client gains access, an ‘enrollment successful’ affirmation message should prompt on his screen.
- Session time out action is a significant check if any client exceeds the designated time span.
- Check for Website design enhancement by confirming Meta phrases – title, catchphrase, portrayal.
Field Level Checks
Strives to test the fields like dropdown, checkboxes, text-boxes, list boxes, and so on.
- A dropdown list should entail things in a sequential request.
- A button’s name must be sufficiently distinct from prompting the user the function it performs.
- Suppose there should arise an occurrence of a text box. In that case, it is imperative to stamp the compulsory fields for record-keeping so that a company can utilize the client’s credentials most fittingly, and they don’t pass up on the most basic details of the client.
- Suppose there should be an occurrence of a text field that prompts a client to enter a telephone number or postal code or some other numeric information. In that case, companies undertake approval checks to guarantee that a client enters just numbers and no other character. An error message should pop up in the event a user enters something different.
- An email field must perform a legitimacy check by provoking the client in the event that he is entering the right email id or not.
- The Password field must show messages concerning adherence to the characterized arrangement of passwords, including its length, kind of permitted characters, etc.
An information base structures the foundation of a web application, as the solicitations are prepared by bringing the outcomes from the backend, i.e., the information base. Not many information base approval checks incorporate –
- A section must not prompt invalidity except if a limitation states so.
- Regardless of whether the information is spared in the correct order, the information base should navigate the credentials to the accurate origin.
- Check for password encryption.
- Check what amount it takes for a put-away methodology to execute an order.
Callousness in verifying security provisions can endanger a programming application. You have to recognize the key zones that are inclined to a potential security breach along these lines.
- Ensure that all information is sent over the web utilizing ‘https,’ for example, payment data, passwords, and consumer credentials.
- Sensitive information should never show up in the URL.
- When a client meeting is finished, the same individual must be provoked again to log in.
- Check for Denial of Service (DoS) assaults.
Other things to consider while testing a web application manually:
- The average burden on the server (e.g., number of hits per unit time)
- The sort of execution required under each load condition (for example, web server reaction time, database question reaction times.)
- The kind of tools required for execution testing (for example, web load testing tools, different in-house devices that can be adjusted, web robot downloading devices, and so forth.)
- Who is the intended interest group? What sort of programs will they use? What kind of association rates will they discover? Is it accurate to say that it can bear intra-associations (high association speeds and comparable programs)?
- What sort of execution is typical from the customer’s side (e.g., how quickly should the pages load or how instantly should the media run)?
- Gauge the permitted downtime for server and content upkeep/overhauls. Assuming this is the case, ascertain the amount.
- The type of security (firewalls, encryption, and passwords) required and the features that it will entail.
- Consider how solid the webpage’s web associations need to be. Also, understand how that influences the reinforcement framework or repetitive association prerequisites and testing.
- The cycle needed to oversee updates to the site’s content
- The prerequisites for looking after, following, and controlling page content, illustrations, media, and images
Manual testing expects one to have an innate nature of curiosity that will draw out the best of a tester’s abilities. This checklist will help you to undertake the perfect manual testing.