In this blog article, we will list open source test case management tools. To unearth new bugs, you need to update your test cases periodically. If you are a test manager and would like to host your own test case management, then this article will be helpful for you.
Nitrate is a new test plan, test run and test case management system, which is written in Python and Django web framework. It has a lot of great features, such as:
- 1. Easy to use to create and manage testing life cycle with plans, cases and runs.
- 2. Multiple and configurable authentication backend, e.g. Bugzilla and Kerberos.
- 3. Fast search for plans, cases and runs.
- 4. Powerful access control for each plan, run and case
- 5. Ready-to-use and extensible issue tracker that allows to track external issues with test cases and test case runs.
- 6. Accessible with XMLRPC APIs.
Test case management system, with lots of great features, such as workflow wizards, automation plugins, 3rd party integrations, release reports and external API.
- 1. Transform the testing process within your team
- 2. Be more organized, transparent & accountable
- 3. Boost engineering productivity & participation
Redmine is a flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database. Redmine is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).
Bugzilla is free and open source web-based bug-tracking software that is developed by an active group of volunteers in the Mozilla community, and used by thousands of projects and companies around the world. It can be installed on Linux and other flavors of Unix, Windows or Mac OS X.
Test Storage – test case management system. Currently in early alpha development and currently not available via npm.