E-Learning applications is growing in popularity among the education industry and many organization’s now encourage workplace e-learning programs for their organizational learning needs. Many applications fail due to underestimating software requirements, extending the application features, lost of insight on integrating multiple applications,
and testing such large applications on minimal hardware. One should know that the requirement of performance is non-negotiable.
Slow applications are not successful, if your application is under-performing then you are lagging behind the competition which results in unsatisfied users and clients. We accept features and functionality of an application should needed to be tested but there are some non-functional requirements like performance which is of equal importance.
Some of our findings on application’s poor performance are due to:
- 1. Unplanned increases in workload due to e-tutoring, content development, lesson preparation (virtual classrooms) so that the CPU and memory usage of the server shoots up.
- 2. Early content implementations are heavily customized and insufficient attention paid to the future amendment.
- 3. No pilot process for step-by-step development leading to large scale rollout and no process for measuring the performance of all software and hardware elements relating to application’s performance.
- 4. No knowledge on running the tests in parallel and observe the behavior of hardware and obtaining the time of response of the request to the server.
Services we provide for the above problems:
- 1. Application’s performance diagnostics
- 2. Performance Monitoring
- 3. Bottleneck analysis and bench-marking
- 4. Capacity planning and modeling
- 5. Performance Test Suite Development
- 6. Test harnesses and environment virtualization
Modern Learning Management Systems are web-based, device friendly, easy to navigate, integrate with internal systems, monitors the user/ learner engagement through detailed analysis report. So a system or an application with such features should give importance to the application’s stability at all times.