QA Automation for FE Financial Express
FE is the UK's leading investment ratings and research agency. The customer needed a robust test automation solution and wanted to convert their manual regression test suite into automated test suite.
Our QA automation specialists developed a test automation framework which eased the script development, enabled re-usability, and ensured the automated regression suites ran smoothly before every Production release.
We created automated test scripts which were executed on multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, & Firefox) and real mobile devices using BrowserStack.
Challenges & Solutions
Parallel execution on multiple browsers was a challenge and managing Selenium Grid nodes on Command Prompt is a difficult job. However, we developed VisGrid and implemented parallel execution using Java Threads.
We faced challenges on automating financial calculations. We used data driven approach to read the formulated values to address the calculations.
Automation on Real Devices
Maintaining in-house Mobile Test Automation lab is expensive and ensuring the required devices are up is a cumbersome task. We have procured BrowserStack cloud testing account to access real devices instantly.
- Selenium WebDriver - To automate web application test cases.
- Appium - To automate mobile application test cases.
- Eclipse - Integrated development environment (IDE)
- Jenkins - To schedule script execution.
- BrowserStack - To access real devices for mobile regression test suite.
- Java 8 & Maven - Programming Language & Build Automation Tool
- Java Swing - To create framework GUI