Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist tour operators, they are a part of a Multi-National conglomerate. With over 80+ years of operating expertise in Ski, Lakes & Mountains holidays. Innovation and dedication strengthened its position in its main markets with offices in Austria, Italy, France, Switzerland, Andorra and Canada.
The requirement was to test the functionality & layout of the whole application. Also the client requested us to execute the same script on all the following combinations Desktops, Laptops, Tablets & Mobile devices.
We developed an automation testing framework using C# & Specflow to test all the functionalities on the browsers namely Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE 11. We did built a Galen framework on Java to perform layout testing. We merged Galen & functional testing framework and integrated our code into Team City tool to run the automated test script and were able to see precise test reports.
- Selenium WebDriver makes direct calls to the browser using each browser’s native support for automation.
- C# is the most commonly used language for leveraging the .NET Framework.
- Specflow is the open source port of Cucumber for .NET. Define automatic tests in Gherkin and execute them using MSTest, NUnit, xUnit and MbUnit.
- Nunit is the most popular unit test framework for .NET.
- Visual studio is a code editor redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
- Teamcity is a build management and continuous integration server from JetBrains.
- BrowserStack – To access real devices for mobile regression test suite.
- Test Link is a web-based test management system that facilitates software quality assurance.
- Galen Framework is a test framework originally designed for testing layout of web applications but is also a great tool for functional testing.