Though content forms a significant section of what needs to be tested, we go beyond that to validate several other parameters such as usability & performance that enable the platform’s users to have an uninterrupted learning experience.
We also have a dedicated team of accessibility testers who can test your product against WCAG 2.0 & 2.1 Guidelines using the best tools in the market. Testing across devices is also made easy with our team’s expertise with all the popular screenreaders.
Our eLearning App Testing Strategy
Text, Visuals, & Function
We focus on text, visuals, & functionalities separately instead of testing all the three in one go.
We employ a comprehensive eLearning app testing checklist to verify Content, Design, Functionality, Assessment Resources, & compliance.
OS, Browser, and Devices
eLearning applications/courses are tested on multiple platforms, browsers, & mobile devices to ensure compatibility.
Regression test cases are automated so that our testing team can concentrate on Adhoc & Exploratory Testing and deliver quick feedback.
We identify performance bottlenecks by sending simultaneous artificial traffic to stress the infrastructure and see how well it performs.
Tracking Review Feedback
We provide the review feedbacks in Jira tickets with valid comments & screenshots and track the review cycles.
Key Metrics that drive
Effective e Learning testing
- Early defect detection and prevention
- Inclusion of Performance/Load testing
- Improving the learning content frequently and consistently
- Testing Content (what appears and how appealing it is) and Functionality (the logic on when content should be shown)
- Multi-device e-Learning App testing – The project needs to run on touch-screen devices, the latest browsers like UC, and various mobile operating systems like Android, Apple, and Windows. This requires testing on the real device – which implies an increase in capital expenditures. Adoption of BYOD (bring your device) has also increased the variety of mobile devices that any eLearning must support
- Stress /Performance test is necessary to ensure the system does not break when learners are actively accessing various content
- Localization: If the course is offered in different languages and time-zones
- Highly responsive eLearning systems require content to change very often or layered for better user experience. Content must be available at the point-of-need and in context of usage
- Synching Video and Audio on multiple devices simultaneously
Contact us to learn how we can assist you with your QA needs.
Expert in testing courses, LMS, & Engagement Analytics
e-Learning Testing nowadays is looked beyond just performing quality checks. Organizations who plan to purchase LMS software seek assistance from QA /testers with good knowledge of the LMS /eLearning domain to help them evaluate and shortlist products to purchase.
The experts at Codoid will, collaborate with the development teams from the requirements phase and help you outline the checklist to test LMS. We ensure our e-Learning App Testing services do not happen in a silo, but goes hand-in-hand with development.
Domains where eLearning App Testing
is the Need of the Hour
- Universities, Colleges – Online courses
- Corporates – courses on their internal processes, mandatory training, etc.
- Training vendors – who now offer specialized online training on the cloud
- Organizations offering professional training /certification
- Businesses – such as Insurance, Automobile for on-the-job training
E-Learning App Testing Requirements
We have outlined various requirements based on the role of the user. This will provide more insight into what aspects are to be considered by the QA before /while testing an e-learning software.
- Easy navigation, Course calendar
- Free from grammatical and verbal errors
- Easy enrolment, payment
- Simple instructions and learnability
- Advanced search options
- Ability to Forward, Rewind and Pause a course (as need be)
- Ability to access a course from Mobile devices
- Secured learning
- Ability to grade via quiz, retrieve historical details
- Update course structure
- Easy to add new courses, videos, content
- Notifications on new registrations, Errors experienced by end users
- Scheduling virtual/online classroom for remote learning
- Ability to Randomize quiz questions
- Ability to integrate Grades with PeopleSoft or like
- Accurate scoring /grading for quizzes /exams (if any)
- Maintain and retrieve history of exams by a learner
- Re-grade, Test surveys, Discussion forums
- Security mechanism, Content copyright, Multi-language feature
- Any quick self-help /user-guide available to end users
- Generate value for the learner
- Users should have hassle-free experience
- Should be accessible from the slowest connections as well, so as not to hamper the learning cycle
- Easy to scale up with new courses, degrees, across geographies
- Easy and less expensive to maintain
- System to have high uptime and availability
- Generate Value for end users, Learners should come back to the system to register for additional courses
Talk to our Experts