Test Automation for A Leading Telecom Company
A leading mobile network operator in Saudi Arabia approached Codoid to setup automation COE, to develop test framework, and to automate regression test cases.
It is an ongoing test automation project. Codoid has deployed a team of QA Automation experts. So far, we have automated 3 web application regression test suite and another 3 regression test suites for mobile apps.
Challenges & Solutions
Creating Readable Test Scripts
One of the requirements for this project is - The delivered test automation scripts should be readable and understandable by everyone. We have chosen Cucumber (BDD Framework) to follow DSL.
Automation on Real Devices
Maintaining in-house Mobile Test Automation lab is expensive and ensuring the required devices are up is a cumbersome task. We have procured BrowserStack cloud testing account to access real devices instantly.
Understanding the domain
Initially, we faced challenges in this domain as it was new to us. Codoid developed a strong collaboration and partnerships with business and development team to understand product vision & requirements.
- Selenium WebDriver - To automate web application test cases.
- Appium - To automate mobile application test cases.
- Cucumber - To write readable and understandable automated test scripts.
- Eclipse - Integrated development environment (IDE)
- Jenkins - To schedule script execution.
- BrowserStack - To access real devices for mobile regression test suite.
- Java 8 & Maven - Programming Language & Build Automation Tool