Localization testing falls within the realm of software testing services. This software testing technique ensures that the software product ‘behaves’ as per the local settings and culture. As a leading software testing company we understand the importance of customizing software / applications to suit the targeted country, language, and the cultural intricacies. Localization testing is focused mainly on content and user interface, ensuring that the application can be used easily by the target audience in a particular country.
Reasons for and Features of Localization Testing
To match and engage a particular demographic and locale, it is important that the software is appropriate from the linguistic and cultural aspects – this is why Localization testing is required. This form of testing is necessary to make changes in the user interface, as also the initial settings as per the requirements. Localization testing requires expert testers to repeat the same functions in order to verify the cultural appropriateness of UI, linguistic and typographical errors and more. The features of this form of testing include:
- A localized user interface (UI) – to ensure usability and comfort of the persons of a particular country and with specific cultural aspects
- Localized content and information – the content in the application would be prepared to be suitable to the local culture and language, and localization testing ensures that all these aspects actually match the comfort level of the locals
- Particular and Identifiable Language – This form of testing checks the compatibility of the language of the software with the language of a specified region
Compatibility of Hardware – The test ascertains that both the hardware and the software are compatible with the specified region
Conducting Localization Testing
- The method for localization testing includes setting up build verification testing, functional testing, regression testing, and the completion sign-off.
- In order to run normal test cases and uncover log defects during execution, normal/functional testing must be conducted
- Regression testing is next to ensure that defects are resolved and that the defects did not affect other components of the application
Prior to detailed QA, build verification testing is undertaken – this is a subset of functional testing
Before delivering to the customer, there must be one final check on the build – the final and completion sign-off is a necessary step
The process of localization is a critical one, and we as the experts understand that localization testing must ensure that all the effort you put in will take your product to the widest possible range of audience, and within budget. Given our experience, we at Codoid are both international and local experts and have the ability to ensure scalability of apps, platforms and programs. This in turn ensures that no additional code will be required when foraying into new markets. Localization testing is an essential component and tool in spreading business to an increasing number of consumers. By paying attention to the minute details a business would be better equipped to impact the expectations, needs, wants, and behaviors of a larger consumer base and at a much bigger scale. Being able to reach out and engage a larger audience goes beyond the written and spoken word – connect with us to gain all this and more.