Listen to this blog
We live in a world where smartphones consume people, our eyes glued to the various apps on the phone. The only way to stand out against the 1000’s apps released every day is through the usability of your app. A good UI/UX can help you discover ways to interact and engage with your users. An app’s success is highly dependent on the usability of a mobile app’s user interface (UI), and it should carry precedence over its user experience (UX).
Usability is an important aspect of the overall relationship between the user and the product. It focuses only on the efficiency and simplicity of achieving the goals of the app. Pay attention to the little things that can make or break the success of your app. If you’re a mobile app testing services company, you must consider these three aspects: efficiency, easiness to learn, and user satisfaction while optimizing your mobile app usability.
In today’s modern-day mobile apps are plagued by multiple usability issues. Let’s discuss a few:
1. Developers need to design apps to fit each mobile brand and model due to different screen sizes and resolutions, even if it’s the same operating system.
2. An organized and intuitive design that avoids unnecessary deep navigation is critical. When a user navigates your app, they need to understand how to do what they want quickly.
3. The constant battle between information vs. speed can leave some apps desiring for better function and balance.
4. Users access their device one-handed and on the go with their opposable thumb, so scrolling is inevitable, that’s why apps must prioritize within the limits of their screen.
5. It is imperative to design apps with both portrait and landscape modes as they go for development separately as two different applications, so you should adapt it suitably.
6. A self-explanatory app succeeds better than others in the market. Statistics show that 20% of users abandon an app within 3-7 days due to complexities.
7. Content should be relevant and presented concisely with the right font and size. Pop-ups can provide additional information and increase the conversion rate with users.
8. Auto-fill/suggestion is a prerequisite and a powerful way to improve user experience in apps these days. Registrations through email or social media and one-click payments are preferred.
9. Include qualitative analytical tools to combat unresponsive gesture issues into your testing. It can provide insights into how users browse, click, and interact within the app.
10. User feedback and optimization are crucial to maintaining a well-updated app. Small sample groups can detect 85% of usability issues, so A/B testing is a must.
In conclusion,A successful mobile app must be intuitive, and it should take little to no time for a user to become familiar with the interface. As per International Standards like ISO 9241–11, usability is the capability of the product to be understood, learned, and operated. To reach all potential customers, you would need both kinds of apps – Android and iOS. As a mobile testing services company, Codoid ensures all apps are developed to meet high standards of approval. We can help your app break through a saturated market and head in the right direction towards success. Contact us if you’re ready to discover a flexible approach to usability testing and want to maintain the stellar quality of your mobile app.
“Don’t forget an excellent usability score helps convert users into loyal and long-term customers.”