Listen to this blog
Accurate metrics and techniques can help ensure software testing service companies improve their testing processes. Teams should be equipped with the tools and methodologies for building bug-free products to provide high-quality software. Quality management covers three core aspects: quality assurance, quality control, and testing.
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) includes a planned set of organizational actions to improve the software development process by introducing standards of quality for preventing errors in the product.
Software Quality Control (SQC) includes a set of product-oriented activities focused on fulfilling quality requirements that certify software products before release.
Testing is a primary activity to detect and solve technical issues in the software source code and assess overall product usability, performance, security, and compatibility.
Let’s discuss how to improve the software testing process and increase the quality of your software products.
1. Plan tests and processes It should be well planned, defined, and documented as it is the tool that builds effective communication within the team.
2. Implement software development management Employ a test-oriented approach to improve the quality of your software and achieve this is by using extreme programming (EX) that will enable you to produce higher-quality software that can adapt to changing requirements.
3. Collect technical reviews A Formal Technical Review (FTR) is performed to reveal functional or logical errors at the early stages of the software development process. Every developed software needs to meet predefined standards and requires a team of QA/QC engineers.
4. Maintain a suitable work environment Define QA roles and ensure an appropriate environment wherein testing entails various activities that need to be performed by different specialists.
5. User acceptance testing In product development, customer personas identify behavior patterns of your typical target audience and their usage patterns. QA teams use personas to identify and seek bugs. Although it can’t predict in its entirety, it does ensure that your application is production-ready. Feedback during and after the production stage helps developers meet end-users needs.
6. Optimization of tests To improve the quality of your software, make sure you adopt Agile methodologies to deploy automated testing using tools to run the tests throughout the QA process.
7. Track code quality Since quality objectives are measurable, ensure that code quality is documented, reviewed, and tracked cyclically by choosing simple yet effective metrics for your workflow.
8. Accurate bug reportingThis makes testing more efficient by identifying bugs and assisting QA teams in resolving it soon.
Please remember that the main aspects of testing the quality of the software testing process are performance efficiency, security, reliability, maintainability, and timely delivery. It can also include testability and product usability.
If you want to be a leading QA company, like Codoid, you need to be competitive and produce high-quality products to achieve a good ranking in the IT industry market. Improving the quality of your software testing process will directly impact the financial performance of your business. Your quality strategy should, therefore, cover the critical aspects of software testing: Effective Planning, Test-oriented Quality Management, and an Experienced QA team. Don’t forget that years of experience in the testing phase guarantees that nothing is missed out in the software testing process flow.